UNIT SEVEN: Forensic Science Text Questions
Please complete the following questions. It is important that you use full sentences and present the questions and answers when you submit your work. Submit the work as a file attachment. This means you complete all work in a word processing document (e.g., Microsoft Word) and attach the file using the dropbox tool. Use the Unit 7: Text Questions dropbox basket.
The answers to the Review & Critical Thinking questions are worth 10 points.
1. What is DNA? Where is it found?
2. What is mitochondrial DNA?
3. What is CODIS? How does it work?
4. What are complimentary base patterns? Why are they important? 5. What is RFLP? What are some of the limitations of this technique?
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why do you think DNA has had such an impact on forensic science? 2. What do you think would be some of the challenges in collecting DNA evidence? How would you overcome these challenges? 3. Compare and contrast nuclear DNA with mitochondrial DNA. Which one would you want to use in a criminal investigation if you had the choice? 4. Which of the DNA typing techniques do you think you would choose if you had to analyze a DNA sample? Why? 5. What challenges do you think giving expert testimony about DNA would have? How would you try to overcome these challenges?
Please post questions and answers on the UNIT SEVEN discussion boards. Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question. Each discussion assignment is worth 5 points.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document