Pre-lab Quiz Results
You scored 80% by answering 4 out of 5 questions correctly.
1. Blood flow is measured in
Your answer : a. mm Hg.
Correct answer: b. ml/min.
2. Which of the following has the greatest effect on blood flow?
You correctly answered: a. blood vessel radius
3. Which of the following would not result in a decrease in the blood vessel radius?
You correctly answered: c. vasodilation
4. The diameter of the blood vessel is the same as
You correctly answered: b. two times the radius of the blood vessel.
5. The opening of the blood vessel where the blood flows is called the
You correctly answered: b. lumen.
02/23/14 page 4
Post-lab Quiz Results
You scored 100% by answering 4 out of 4 questions correctly.
1. The variable that you altered in this activity was
You correctly answered: c. vessel radius.
2. Vessel radius and fluid flow
You correctly answered: b. are directly proportional.
3. After a heavy meal, when we are relatively inactive, we might expect blood vessels in the skeletal muscles to be somewhat __________ and the blood vessels in the digestive organs to be somewhat __________.
You correctly answered: d. constricted, dilated
4. When you increased the flow tube radius, the fluid flow rate
You correctly answered: a. increased.
Review Sheet Results
1. Explain how the body establishes a pressure gradient for fluid flow.
Well there needs to be a pressure gradient present because blood is constantly pumping blood. The elasticity of the large arteries is what helps force the blood along the arteries.
2. Explain the effect that the flow tube radius change had on flow rate. How well did the results compare with your prediction? Your answer:
When the flow tube radius was increased by 0.5mm, the flow definitely increased. I had predicted that the flow rate would increase and it was