1._____ is the application of the scientific method in searching for the truth about business phenomena. A.Induction.
2.Which type of research tries to verify a theory or to learn more about a concept and is not intended to solve a particular business problem? A.Performance-monitoring research.
C.Total quality management.
D.The scientific method.
3.Which of the following refers to the way researchers go about using knowledge and evidence to reach objective conclusions about the real world? A.Qualitative method.
4.Job satisfaction, which is an employees’s general attitude toward his or her job, is an example of a(n): A.hypothesis.
5.“Employees dressed professionally will generate greater sales than those dressed casually” is an example of a: A.theory.
6. _____ is the logical process of deriving a conclusion about a specific instance based on a known general premise or something known to be true. A.Deductive reasoning
7 . The process of identifying the actual measurement scales to assess the variables of interest is called ___. A.operationalizing
8. If all the trees a person has seen in his life have been green and therefore he concludes that all trees are green, which type of reasoning is he using? A.Deductive reasoning.
9. What is the FIRST step in the application of the scientific method? A.Assessment of relevant existing knowledge of a phenomenon. B.Proposal of an explanation of the phenomenon and statement of new problems raised by the research. C.Design of research to test the hypothesis.
D.Acquisition of meaningful empirical data.
10. All of the following are types of business research EXCEPT _____. A.exploratory
11.Which type of business research address who, what, when, where, why, and how questions? A.Causal research.
12. What type of research is being conducted to answer the question: "Would this target market be interested in this type of new product?" a.causal research
c.situation analysis research
13. Which of the following is the first stage of the business research process? A.Planning a research design.
B.Pefining the research objectives.
C.Analyzing the data.
D.Planning a sample.
14. Which of the following is a method of data collection that is used in surveys? A.Telephone.
D.All of the above.
15. Something that does not change from one instance to another is called a: A.
16. Which of the following is the SECOND step of the problem definition process? A.
| Determine the unit of analysis.
| Identify the problem from the symptoms
| Identify key symptoms in the situation.
| Determine the relevant variables.
17. An interview technique that tries to draw deeper and more elaborate explanations from the discussion is called _________. A.
18. In the statement: "Years of sales experience is an important variable in predicting unit sales performance," what type of variable is "years of experience"? A.
| dependent variable
| independent variable
| categorical variable.
| classificatory variable
19. When a researcher determines what or who should provide the data and at what level of aggregation, he or she is determining the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document