Case 2 4 final - Presentation Transcript
1. Case 2-4: Ethics and Airbus
2. Consisted of French, German, and British Government
Signed a Memorandum of Understanding in September 1967 Based in Blagnac, France
3. An aircraft manufacturing subsidiary of the European aerospace company EADS One of the world’s leading manufacturers of commercial jet airliners Representing more than 80 nationalities, in four European countries: Germany, France, Spain, and the United Kingdom Airbus Commercial
What Airbus does?
4. Kuwait Kickbacks
Mounties and Banks
5. Only one case led to convictions
Airbus benefited in India and Canada, but suffered in Kuwait and Syria. Boeing suffered in each case except the Syrian scandal Question 1
6. Never been indicted of bribery charges.
The OECD Convention had not been ratified in France at the time of the cases. Question 2
7. Boeing could enter a joint venture with foreign government. Provide a different set of valued propositions
Higher technological aspects
Better passenger capacity
8. Marketing strategies were different between the two.
Boeing acted more responsibly and ethically.
Followed standards and procedures to get the sale.
Airbus used bribery and kickbacks.
Kuwait Airlines Corporation
9. OECD Convention
10. Airbus allegedly bribed foreign officials, but it has never been proven Airbus may have acted unethically, but did not act illegally, because...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document