ETH 316 Final Exam
2. Which of the following is a factor that might explain why a public outcry has arisen for business to be more socially responsible? a. Increased complexity and interdependence of postindustrial society. b. Increased corporate taxation. c. Reduced government regulation. d. Reduced state and local involvement in business coupled with federal withdrawal from the regulatory picture.
3. Consequential theories look at which of the following? a. Whether the desired results were achieved. b. Whether the desired individuals participated. c. Whether the desired methods were used. d. Whether legitimate goals were selected in the first place.
4. The term "deontology" is derived from a Greek word meaning which of the following? a. Faith. b. Law. c. Ethics. d. Duty.
5. The hallmark of deontology can be summarized by which of the following maxims? a. Right makes might. b. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. c. Justice is blind. d. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
6. Immanuel Kant's "categorical imperative" is BEST paraphrased by which of the following statements? a.