1. Between the year 2000 and 2100, the proportion of the U.S. population that is Black, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American will likely
a. triple. b. decline. c. stay the same. d. double.
2. When belief in the inheritance of behavior patterns is coupled with the feeling that certain groups are inherently superior to others it is called
a. racism. b. ethnocentrism. c. prejudice. d. racial formation.
3. The hierarchical system for possession of wealth, prestige, or power is called a. ethnic groups. b. stratification. c. age. d. functionalism.
4. Assimilation tends to take longer under which of the following conditions? a. The minority group maintains its own culture. b. The minority group residents are dispersed. c. The homeland of the immigrants is far away and inaccessible. d. The minority group arrives over an extended period of time.
5. The development of solidarity among ethnic subgroups is called a. pluralism. b. panethnicity. c. fusion. d. marginality. 6. Ethnocentrism is a. the belief that each culture is equally valid. b. the basis for all discriminatory behavior. c. rare in diverse societies. d. the tendency to assume that one’s culture is superior to all others.
7. Hate crimes are criminal offenses committed because of the offender’s bias against a a. race or ethnic group. b. religion group. c. sexual orientation group. d. any of these
8. A negative attitude toward an entire category of people is known as a. prejudice. b. discrimination. c. exploitation. d. authoritarianism.
9. The process