The final Research Paper project is worth 25% of your final grade. It will need at least 5 sources and should be 4-5 pages long, not including a list of works cited and formal outline. The paper is due on its due date. No late papers will be accepted!
The final Research Paper must be in MLA format and include a works cited list. No cover page is necessary. You must include a formal outline of your work. The Research Paper should demonstrate your ability to think critically and synthesize ideas. You will organize your ideas around a thesis and provide sufficient support or proof. Pay attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
The purpose of this paper is to inform and interpret. You will choose a person, famous or infamous from your major, and discuss his or her significance/importance to that field of study. You will choose one specific contribution to analyze in your paper. It means you will answer the following question: What is the person’s most significant contribution? If the individual has several contributions, pick one you consider most significant.
Note: Your topic must be narrowed down. This is not a general paper about someone’s life (Biography). When you select your contribution, make sure its analysis is not oversimplified; do not merely write what one could find in any reference book.
Possible Topic Ideas:
• Albert Einstein - Scientist
• Bill Gates – CEO Microsoft/Philanthropist
• Steve Jobs – CE0 Apple/Macintosh
• Mark Zuckerberg – CEO Facebook
• Oprah Winfrey – Celebrity/Philanthropist
• Florence Nightingale - Nursing
• Mother Theresa - Charity
• Jonas Salk - Scientist
• J. Edgar Hoover – Criminal Justice
• Hillary Clinton – Secretary of State, former First Lady
• Aung San Suu Kyi – Nobel Peace Prize
• Gabrielle Douglas – Olympic Gymnast
• Martin Luther King Jr.- Civil Rights Activist
• Ernesto “Che” Guevara- Revolutionary
• Andy Warhol/Jackson Pollack/Norman