Student: Castromero, Florence Jay O.
Activity No. 5
The purpose of this activity is to be able to install Windows OS (Operating System) in a newly formatted HDD. The student should be able to know the system's minimum requirements for an installation. .
* 1 set of PC
* 1 OS Installer (DVD, CD, Flash Drive)
* 1 PC Tools Kit
A. To Install Windows OS
1. Turn on the system and boot from the bootable disc or drive. 2. Partition the HDD maximizing the available disk space on the drive. 3. Restart the system for the changes to take effect, and then boot. 4. Format the drive C with a NTFS.
5. From here follow the instructions displayed on the screen to install Windows 9x.
1. What is the minimum system requirement of a Windows 9x installation?
The minimum system requirement of a Windows 9x installation is Windows 9x CD and the product key available.
2. What software's, device drivers, and other information are needed in Windows OS installation? The software’s, device, drivers and other information needed in Windows Os installations are the compact disc of operating system you want to install, and the product key available in the operating system you want to installed.
3. Enumerate the sequence of a Windows OS.
The sequence of a Windows OS are :
1981 - MS-DOS - Technically not an OS.
1985 - Windows 1.0 - Not an OS, but an add on to MS-DOS.
1987 - Windows 2.0 - Still an add on, but becoming more popular. 1988 - Windows 2.03 - First to be able to overlap windows. 1990 - Windows 3.0 - Very successful. Multitasking abilities. Becoming more like an OS 1992 - Windows 3.1 - Minor changes.
1993 - Windows NT - Geared towards business, and networking. 1995 - Windows 95 - DOS history.
1998 - Windows 98 - Heavily criticized. Major compatibility issues. 1999 - Windows 98 Second Edition -...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document