Part 2: Effect of Substrate Concentration Purpose: The purpose of this part of the lab was to find the effect of substrate concentration on enzyme activity.
Part 3: Effect of Temprature Purpose: The purpose of this part of the lab was to determine the effect of temperature on the rate of enzyme activity.
Part 4: Effect of enzyme inhibition Purpose: the purpose of this part of the lab was to find the effect of an inhibitor on enzyme activity.
Questions for Report
A. The enzyme of the reaction is the catalase. B. the substrate of the reaction is H2O2. C. The product of the reaction is 2H2O2+O2. D. the gas produced during the reaction is oxygen and it can be proved as the paper filter rises as it reacts just like oxygen.
2. The enzyme activity increases it carbon point then levels off, when the enzyme concentration is added, the opposite occurs when there is less.
3. When the enzyme concentration of the substrate is added the reaction rate is increased.
4. If I increased the substrate concentration to 40% the reaction rate would increase.
5. Changing the rate of enzyme concentration will make the reaction faster than changing the substrate concentration.
6. When hydroxylamine was added the reaction rate became much slower than it was when it was controlled.
7. When an enzyme becomes denatured the reaction rate becomes slower, this is true because when we added the paper filter to the 65 degree beaker with enzyme the reaction was so slow that we had no data to put into our graph.
8. Optimum temperature is when the reaction ceases to happen. The optimum temperature for