Comma Practice Test
Directions: Add commas where needed.
1. “Yes” said Dad “you can take some friends to the concert.” 2. No we don’t want to sit in the back of the stadium. 3. The front row in my opinion is the best place to sit. 4. After many months passed, the day of the concert finally arrived. During that long wait two more acts were added to the show.
5. My dad an expert concertgoer was a big help in our planning. 6. Sammy who is a puppy is cute.
Directions: Write an sample sentence for the given comma rule. 7. To set off phrases and clauses
8. Between independent clauses
9. To separate adjectives
10. In direct address
11. To set off phrases or to set off appositives
12. To set off dialogue
13. To enclose information
Directions: Answer the short answer questions in complete sentences. 14. What is a comma splice and how do you fix it?
15. What is the difference between an independent and dependent clause?
16. What part of speech is a subject?
17. What part of speech is a predicate?
18. Define ID D,I and I,CCI
19. What is a serial comma?
20. What is the difference between non restrictive and restrictive phrases and clauses?
Directions: Identify the underlined part of the sentence. (Circle correct letter) 21. His new trainer, who is Tom, is funny.
a. independent clause
c. nonrestrictive phrase
22. Sammy played basketball.
23. She and I went to the store.
a. compound predicate
b. compound predicate
c. independent clause
24. When I sang a song, my mom clapped.
a. dependent clause
b. non restrictive phrase
c. compound predicate
25. Mr. Smith, our science teacher, is funny.
Direction: Identify the underlined part of the sentence. (Write it) 26. Truth or dare, in my opinion, is a stupid game.
27. I kicked the soccer ball, and it went into the goal....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document