Date: February 22, 2015
To: All Employees of Easy to Be Green
From: Lisa Harris, HR Staff Assistant
Subject: Instructions on how to prepare and deliver presentations.
It has come to the attention of Human Resources that several employees do not know how to properly prepare and deliver presentations. Easy to Be Green is in the process up training courses for employees on how to prepare and deliver presentations; however this will take some a couple of months to put in place. In the meantime, I have created instructions that I am attaching in this email that I hope will assist you until the courses are available. For some of you these instructions will be refresher information, for others, hopefully this will a temporary solution until such time you can take the actual course.
Please review the attachment and email me with any questions or concerns any of you may have in regards to the instructions.
Instructions on How to Prepare and Deliver Oral Presentation to Live Audience
Preparing for the Presentation
1. The subject matter of the presentation is important and should be thought out carefully.
2. Take charge of the presentation, deliver the message with enthusiasm, and show the audience you believe in the subject you are communicating about.
3. Practice delivering the oral presentation, so that when it comes time to actually deliver the presentation you is prepared and comfortable.
4. By practicing in advance you are better able to communicate to the audience. This shows the audience you have knowledge on the subject as opposed to reading directly from the visual script.
5. The presentation should be organized. Use tools as a guide, be it notes, index cards, whatever means necessary that will allow you to stay focused and on track.
6. Proofread-This cannot be stressed enough proofread the material before the presentation, nothing is worse