This audience profile is required as part of the week one assignment. Answer the questions below to create a thorough profile for your primary audience, Jeff Clarke, and your secondary audience, Human Resources.
1. Is my primary audience external or internal?
The primary audience is internal and the secondary audience is external.
2. What are some key demographics about my audience, such as age, gender, family situation, etc.?
The key demographics of the primary audience are male, assistant manager, and his family situation is stressful at the moment.
3. How much does my audience know about the topic?
The primary audience is informed about the topic and is aware of the reason for the topic. The secondary audience has little knowledge of the topic or the reason it has to be discussed.
4. How much formality does my audience prefer?
The primary audience expects me to be somewhat formal due to it being about a personal request.
5. How do I expect my audience to react to this message?
I expect my primary audience to react negatively to the message but accept the decision made. I expect my secondary audience to have no reaction to the message due to very little involvement.
6. What are my audience’s values in relation to this message? What do they care about most?
The primary audience cares most about keeping his job and about his grandmothers health. The secondary audience cares about documenting the incident in case it needs to be brought up later.
7. What do I want my audience to think, do, feel, or believe after reading my message?
I want my primary audience to accept the decision made and I want my secondary audience to be aware of the situation that led to the message being written.
8. Are there any benefits for my audience that is related to this message?
The benefit for my primary audience is awareness of a potential problem he may have. The benefit for my secondary audience is informing them of a problem