I've been wih stoneydown primary school for nearly a year and i'm always learning new things , helping year one it's been extremely helpful on my teaching assistant course , we have to respect which individual limitations and abilities to learn . RESPONSIBILITIES - To create a safe, happy, positive, stimulating, Multicultural learning environment in which children can be cared for.
1. To work as an integral member of the team, creating a safe, constructive and stimulating environment for the children. 2. To meet the children’s individual needs, appropriate to their stage and level of development.
3. To be involved in the setting up and clearing away at the start and end of each session as required.
4. To be involved with the planning of activities.
5. To foster children’s growth of development and self reliance, and to be involved in children’s activities with a view to supporting and extending these activities appropriately.
6. To ensure that toys and equipment are maintained, clean and safe to play with or use.
7. To understand and comply with the Fire Drill Practise.
8. To attend and take part in staff and other relevant meetings.
9. To keep a daily register, first aid box and other relevant records as required.
10. To communicate with parents and carers in a positive, constructive manner.
11. To make time available on a regular basis to discuss the day to day running of the setting with other members of staff. 1.2
In my setting all policies and procedures are kept in the main office and are available to view at all times. It is very important that I am familiar with these policies and follow them at all times.
In my setting there is a safeguarding folder and it is my responsibility to read this file and keep up to date with any changes or amendments that may arise. This is important as I need to know what to do when I think there is a safeguarding issue with any child/children. I must follow the confidentiality policy and not discuss any information about children, their families and sensitive information about school matters to anyone unless there is an appropriate reason to do so.
Following the health & safety policy I must record any accidents in the relevant ACCIDENT book and fill an accident slip in to send home to notify the parent/carer of their child’s accident. Check the furniture, equipment and toys are safe for children to use before the children come into the setting and report any hazards/faulty equipment to the appropriate person as soon as possible. As a teaching assistant we need to promote a lots of support to those who doesn't catch up as quickly as the others . In regards to the EYFS we promote the development of language and literacy through talking, telling stories, singing songs and rhymes. I encourage all children to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities. we also support the inclusion and acceptance of all children within the setting.
All staff and people doing their placement should sign in and out in the book located on reception Full time members of staff only need to sign in and out if they leave the premises during the official school times.
As we have an outstanding healthy school award we need to maintain the high standards of HEALTHY EATING making sure the children have healthy lunch boxes and we also provide hot meals, which caters vegetarians as well. We also need to make sure children are eating their meals and not playing at the in time. 2.1
Reflective practice is imperative in order to ensure that high standards are kept continuously as circumstances,children and environments change.In order to reflect one must continuously be aware of approaches used and how they can be changed or developed to improve.Continually improving and adapting approaches benefits both children and practitioners ,ensuring that each individual child's needs are catered for.Reflective...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document