Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc Case Study
Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is a leading provider of learning and knowledge products. We're proud to be one of the world's most trusted sources of information on every topic imaginable - from the origins of the universe to current events and everything in between. Get a glimpse of our company, products, and business opportunities here on our corporate site to see how we're making it happen. Britannica Products
Since the Encyclopædia Britannica's founding in 1768, Britannica editors have gathered and organized information on thousands of topics for easy retrieval. More than 200 years later, Encyclopædia Britannica is still the standard by which other reference works are judged. We invite you to explore this overview of Britannica products available for your home, school, library, or corporation, or browse additional products for consumers at Britannica Store. You can also become a distributor of Britannica products. Print Products
• Encyclopedia Britannica Print Set—Comprehensive, authoritative information on nearly every subject. Contributions from the world's leading experts, including many Nobel Prize winners.
• Great Books of the Western World—From the ancient classics to the masterpieces of the 20th century, this collection of 517 classics in 60 beautifully bound volumes is color-coded into four subject categories: literature, history, philosophy, and science. And since this edition includes works from 20th century authors, it's the most up-to-date collection of the Great Books ever.
• Britannica.com—a search and directory site featuring Encyclopædia Britannica, the Web's best sites, news, magazines and more. Britannica premium service provides exclusive member access to the 32-volume Encyclopædia Britannica. Membership also includes access to research tools, thousands of articles from respected magazines and journals, and rich multimedia—all in an advertising-free environment.
• Britannica Online School Edition—a reference site for students and educators synthesizing editorially reviewed websites and the Encyclopædia Britannica. Britannica also offers a suite of web sites for schools, libraries, and institutions.
• Britannica CD and Britannica DVD—the most comprehensive disc-based encyclopedias in the English language.
Natural Language Products
• Encyclopædia Britannica's Natural Language Technology division, Britannica NLT, is dedicated to creating technologies that enable users across the world to understand information in English, as well as make it possible for English speakers to access, understand, search and process information in other languages. Problems :
1. Describe the marketing strategy and tactics of EBI as of 1990. 2. Why was EBI’s business model so successful for over 200 years? 3. How vulnerable was this model in the early 1990’s?
4. Should EBI respond to Microsoft’s moves? If so, how should EBI respond? Why?
Management control system is tools to implement strategies. Strategies are plants to achieve organization goals. Strategies provide the broad contact widen which one can evaluate the optimality of the element of management control system. Corporate.
Corporate goals are determined by the chief executive officer (CEO)
Profitability is usually the most important goal. One management’s responsibilities its to arrive at the right balance between the two main sources of financing: debt and equity. “Profitability” reverse to profits in the long run, rather than in the current quarter or years.
▪ Maximizing shareholder value
Maximizing shareholder value probably reverse to the market price of the corporation’s however, that achieving...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document