1. What is the current compression rate to rescue breaths?
2 Breaths to the rate of 30 compressions.
1 what does avpu stand for ?
p – pain
u – unresponsive
the acronym avpu is used to determinate the alertness and level of consciousness of a patient.
2. What is an appointed person?
A person responsible for first aid arrangements and the first aid box. A person who takes charge of emergency first aid in the event of an incident taking place.
3. Describe the procedure for checking circulation
Look, listen and feel for breathing, movement, coughing and normal colour. The check should last no longer than ten seconds.
4. When is the right time to call an ambulance in cases of cardiac arrest?
Immediately, prior to administering CPR.
5. Name five symptoms of shock
Rapid pulse, grey-blue skin, sweating, clammy skin, weakness, nausea, thirst, weak pulse, rapid shallow breathing, restlessness, gasping for air, loss of consciousness.
6. What should be your first response to severe bleeding?
Gain access to the wound and apply pressure.
7. How many back slaps should you give a choking casualty prior to employing the Abdominal thrust
8. Describe, in four steps, the process of the abdominal thrusts
Stand behind the casualty, put your arms around them with one fist between the rib cage and belly button, close your other hand around your fist, pull sharply inward and upward.
9. What action should you take in the case of a casualty becoming unconscious?
Perform CPR if necessary, place in the recovery position if necessary, call for an ambulance, monitor the casualty until help arrives.
10. Which medicines should you keep in the first aid box?
11. What are the dos and don’ts of responding to back injury?
Do not: move the casualty. Do: reassure them, tell them not to move, place your hands over...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document