Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
REGION IV-A CALABARZON
Division of Batangas City
Third Periodical Test in SCIENCE I
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE:
Choose the letter of the best answer.
1. Mechanical waves transport energy from one place to another through ___.
a. Alternately vibrating particles of the medium
b. Particles travelling with a wave
c. Vibrating particles and travelling particles
d. None of the above
2. In a transverse wave, the individual particles of the medium ____.
a. Move in circles
c. Move parallel to the direction of the travel
b. Move in ellipses
d. Move perpendicular to the direction of the travel
3. The higher the frequency of wave, ___.
a. The lower its speed
c. Greater its amplitude
b. The shorter its wavelength
d. The longer its period
4. Energy from the sun reaches the earth through ___.
a. Ultraviolet waves
c. Mechanical waves
b. Infrared waves
d. Electromagnetic waves
5. Which of the following objects will produce sound?
a. Soft object
c. Vibrating object
b. Radio station
d. Object under pressure
6. Which of the following best describe a high frequency sound?
a. Low pitch
c. Low energy
b. High pitch
d. A and C
7. Compared to a thin string of the same length and tightness, a thick string produces sounds of ___.
a. The same pitch
c. Higher pitch
b. Lower pitch
d. Lower then higher pitch
8. A sound wave is a ___.
a. Longitudinal wave
c. Standing wave
b. Transverse wave
d. Shock wave
9. Which of the following would most likely transmit sound best?
a. Steel in cabinet
c. Air in your classroom
b. Water in the ocean
d. Water in swimming pool
10. Which of the following is NOT an electromagnetic wave?
11. In terms of wavelength, which of the following best compare infrared waves from ultraviolet waves?
a. Infrared waves have longer wavelength
b. Infrared waves have shorter wavelength
c. IR waves have the same wavelength as the UV waves
d. IR waves is not comparable in wavelength with the UV wave
12. Among all the electromagnetic waves, which has the highest frequency?
a. Infrared radiation
b. Radio wave
d. Gamma rays
13. ROYGBIV is the basic component of white light, which of the following has the highest frequency?
14. Which of the following is true about an object that travels 5 meters to the left, 2 meters up, then 5 meters to the right?
a. The displacement of the object is equal to 12 meters
b. the total distance travelled by the object is equal to 12 meters
c. The displacement of the object is equal to 12 meters down.
d. The total distance travelled by the object is equal top meters down
15. Which of the following graphs show that the object’s motion is accelerating?
16-19 The illustration on the right shows a lady
making a noodle soup using a pan made of metal.
Use this in answering the following questions.
16. How does the heat travel from the stove to the pan?
17. How does heat travel through the soup?
18. In what direction does the heat travel through the soup?
a. from top to bottom
c. both A and B
b. from bottom to top
d. neither A nor B
19. Which of the following explains why a lady is able to hold the handle of the pan with her bare hands?
a. The handle is made of good insulator of heat
b. The handle has high conductivity
c. The handle has high thermal expansion
Identify the word or phrase being described.
______1. Ability of the materials to conduct heat.
______2. It is mostly good conductor of heat.
______3. Waves that occur when the individual particles of a medium vibrate from...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document