1. WHAT SYSTEMS ARE DESCRIBED HERE? WHAT VALUABLE INFORMATION DO THEY PROVIDE?
An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system which includes time and attendance systems was described in this case study. This save a lot of lost working hours. Oracle E-business Suite was the chosen best ERP to meet the company information and business requirements. This help automate the business processes were: Oracle Financials, inventory management, manufacturing, sales and marketing, order management and procurement.
2. WHAT ARE THE RISKS FACING EL-ALAMEIN IN IMPLEMENTING THE ERP SYSTEM? HOW DO YOU EVALUTE THE ACTIONS TAKEN FROM THEIR SIDE TO MITIGATE THOSE RISK FACTORS?
El- Alamien experienced some difficulties in implementing ERP system. The foremost being the resistance to change form heads of departments. To reduce the risks the companies identify key persons from all functional areas who will act as change agents and take the responsibility of persuading other employees of the importance of the system. Train users to use the new system and understand how the new business processes will be affected and last foster end- user project participation by involving more employees than just senior management in the decision, analysis and implementation.
3. WHAT VALUE DID IT/IS INVESTMENT ADD TO EL-ALAMEIN?
The value IT/IS Investment added to El-Alamein is:
• A reduction in their investment risks.
• Process integration was strengthened
• Improved productivity and enhanced the efficiency of inventory handling.
• The company was able to established strategic relationships with multinational