Unique Number: 827947
Table of contents
I. Question 1 2
a. Assessment Task 1: the educator assessment 2
b. Assessment Task 2: peer assessment 7
c. Assessment Task 3: self assessment/reflection
II. Question 2
a. Assessment Task 1 and Design an Assessment Checklist
b. Assessment Task 2 and Design an Assessment Grid 13
c. Assessment Task 3 and Design a Rubric 14
III. Bibliography 15
Assessment is an integral part of Outcome Based Education.
Assessment provides information about what learners learn and the process which takes place (Dreyer 2014: 6). Assessment also establishes what is taught and how it’s taught (Dreyer 2014: 6).
Within this assignment, you will find the exploration of three different assessment strategies and the utilisation of three different assessment tools. In addition, this assignment will demonstrate an understanding of assessor strategies and assessor tools.
Describe three separate Assessment tasks/ activities your learners have to do in Life Orientation and also those which you/ your learners have to assess.
Assessment Task 1: The Educator Assessment
1. Describe the subject/ learning area, lesson topic and grade to be assessed. The Life Orientation topic will be 'Development of the self in the society'. The assessments will be designed for GRADE 8s.
The assessment task will be to explain how the learner will cope with depression, crisis of trauma, by designing and implementing a personal plan for preventing and managing stress and also drawing up a plan to apply problem solving skills. This will be done by using posters, and research.
2 . Describe the Learning Outcome for the Outcome / topic which would be
assessed (according to NCS/CAPS) - The learning outcome for the leaning topic 'Development of the self in society' will
be to develop an emotional intelligence which will enable the learner to handle life's
challenges and make proper decisions.
3. Name a few assessment standards which will be used for this Learning Outcome. As Grade 8s, the following assessment standards which can be used for this learning outcome are: One: Reflect on internal and external changes, two: implements and evaluates decision making skills and three: expresses and strategies to improve the self-image and others through positive actions.
4. Amongst the 3: The Educator; The Learner or The Peer, which person would make the assessment? Give your reasons for making this choice The Educator would make the assessment, because she would need to know if the learning programmes are appropriate. IN addition, she would need to know whether learners are learning in order to issue qualifications.
5. Select an appropriate assessment instrument. Tell why this particular instrument was selected. I would select a Rubric. The Rubric is a comprehensive assessment tool. It can efficiently assess the outcomes detailed in the assessment task.
6. Name the assessment criteria used. List the criteria.
Discuss how to cope with depression
Identify caused of depression
Identify how to apply problem- solving skills
Discuss plan for preventing and managing stress
Discuss crisis of trauma
Bibliography: 1. Dreyer, J. 2014. The educator as assessor. Pretoria: Van Schaik
2. Schoeman, S. 2006. Learning area didactics: Teaching Life Orientation. Pretoria: University of South Africa
3. Tutorial letter 101/3/2014. The Educator as assessor
Please join StudyMode to read the full document