ECT 122 Week 3 iLab #1
DC Power Supply
Hand Held DMM
1. Identify the type of the following circuits as either serial or parallel.
2. List four characteristics of a series circuit.
1) The total current is the same everywhere in the circuit.
2) A series circuit only has one path for current to flow.
3) The sum of all the voltages sources is equal to the sum of all the voltage drops. 4) The total resistance in the circuit is equal to the sum of the individual resistances.
3. Calculate the total resistance in the circuit below. Show the formula used.
= __6.5kΩ____ (Total resistance)
Rt = R1+R2+R3 = 1kΩ + 3.3kΩ + 2.2kΩ = 6500 x 10^3= 6.5kΩ
4. Download the Multisim file “Series1” from Doc Sharing, Week 3. Run the simulation and verify the simulated results are the same as the calculated values. Were the values the same? Yes/No. If No, why? Yes
XMM1 = = _6.5kΩ____ (Total resistance)
5. Construct the circuit above on the breadboard. Have the professor verify the circuit. Using the handheld DMM and ELVIS DMM (if you are using ELVIS), measure each resistor value and the total resistance. Record the values in the table below. Compare the measurements and verify that they are within acceptable range.
Hand Held DMM Measured Resistance
ELVIS DMM Measured Resistance (if applicable)
Please join StudyMode to read the full document