CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
ECON 312 Week 1 Quiz
1. (TCO 1) The general concern of economics is with the study of the 2. (TCO 1) The term scarcity in economics refers to the fact that 3. (TCO 1) Are the goods that businesses offer for "free" to consumers also free to society? 4. (TCO 1) Which is considered to be an economic resource by economists? 5. (TCO 1) If an economy is producing at a point inside a production possibilities curve, then 6. (TCO 1) Which would not be characteristic of a capitalist economy? 7. (TCO 1) The term dollar votes means
8. (TCO 1) The circular flow model
9. (TCO 1) In a market system, well-defined property rights are important because they 10. (TCO 1) Which is necessary to make a trade in a barter economy? 11. (TCO 1) Tammie makes $150 a day as a bank clerk. She takes off two days of work without pay to fly to another city to attend the concert of her favorite music group. The cost of transportation for the trip is $250. The cost of the concert ticket is $50. What is the opportunity cost of Tammie’s trip to the concert? Show your calculations 12. (TCO 1) Identify some intrinsic qualities of capitalist and command economic systems. Identify two countries that practice each. 1 (TCO 2) A demand curve
2 (TCO 2) In the past few years, the demand for donuts has greatly increased. This increase in demand might best be explained by 3 (TCO 2) Which of the following is most likely to be an inferior good? 4 (TCO 2) The demand curve for a product might shift as the result of a change in 5 (TCO 2) The supply curve shows the relationship between
6 (TCO 2) If the demand for product X is inelastic, a 4% increase in the price of X will 7 (TCO 2) If the price of hand calculators falls from $10 to $9 and, as a result, the quantity demanded increases from 100 to 125, then 8 (TCO 2) If quantity demanded is completely unresponsive to price 9 (TCO 2) The state legislature has cut Gigantic State University's appropriations. GSU's Board of Regents decides to increase tuition fees to compensate for the loss of revenue. The board is assuming that the 10 (TCO 2) The more time consumers have to adjust to a change in price 11 (TCO 2) What is the Law of Demand? Why does the demand curve slope downwards? 12 (TCO 2) Suppose the price of widgets rises from $7 to $9 and consumption of widgets falls from 25 widgets a month to 15 widgets. Calculate your price elasticity of demand of widgets. What can you say about your price elasticity of demand of widgets? Is it Elastic, Inelastic, or Unitary Elastic? Why? Use the Midpoint formula and please show your work.
ECON 312 Week 2 Quiz
1. (TCO 2) Economists use the term "demand" to refer to
2. (TCO 2) Which of the following would not shift the demand curve for beef? 3. (TCO 2) Which of the following is most likely to be an inferior good? 4. (TCO 2) Which of the following would mostly likely increase the demand for gasoline? 5. (TCO 2) The supply curve shows the relationship between
6. (TCO 2) The price elasticity of demand is generally
7. (TCO 2) Suppose the price of local cable TV service increased from $16.20 to $19.80, and as a result, the number of cable subscribers decreased from 224,000 to 176,000. Use the Midpoint formula to find the answer. Along this portion of the demand curve, price elasticity of demand is 8. (TCO 2) A firm can sell as much as it wants at a constant price. Demand is thus 9. (TCO 2) The demand schedules for such products as eggs, bread, and electricity tend to be 10. (TCO 2) The demand for autos is likely to be
11. (TCO 2) What is the Law of Supply? Why does the supply curve slope upwards? 12. (TCO 2) Suppose the price of widgets falls from $7 to $5 and consumption of widgets rises from 15 widgets a month to 25 widgets. Calculate your price elasticity of demand of widgets. What can you say about your price elasticity of demand of widgets? Is it Elastic, Inelastic, or Unitary Elastic? Why? Use the Midpoint formula and please show your work....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document