Dulux is the top brand of good quality paint offering “do it yourself” users to achieve lasting good looks. Dulux products are vary from country to country, as they are tailor made to meet the needs of local people. Dulux paint main aim is to help the people to create a decorative environment with confidence. Dulux is the largest paint suppliers with 130 outlets.
“Marketing Audit is a systematic independent and periodic analysis of a company (Business units), its an essential part of planning process in every organization with a view to determine problem and recommending plan to improve company’s marketing performance”. MARKET STRUCTURE:
Market structure consists of four broad categories, on the basis of competitors size and number in the market. Those are monopoly, oligopoly, monopolistic competition and perfect competition. As from the above graph it is clear that the market structure of UK cereal is oligopoly, because its HHI comes around 2000.arious promotional efforts. (Pride and Ferrell, 1987) Dulux trade needs to segment their market and focus more on its most important “Retail segment” therefore in this market ICI Dulux will need to increase its sales in volume by various promotional efforts. Due to constantly marketing environment, the marketing audit should be used as a reference tool, with constant updates highlighting changes in the external environment and the internal business experience. There is an important tool when we conduct a marketing audit which allows marketing manager to make necessary action with opportunities and threats i.e SWOT for internal and external environment and PEST FIVE FORCES for external environment only. SWOT is a best known tool within marketing planning process to indentify the strength, weakness, Threats...
References: * Web used - www.quickmba .com and www.cim.co.uk
* Brassington, F and Pettittt, S, (2003), Principles of Marketing,( 3rd Edn), P72, 74, 75 Gosport, Prentice Hall
* Kotler, P and Armstrong, G, (2008), Principles of Marketing, (12th Edn), P39, 155, 160, 195, 203, New Jersey, Prentice hall,
* Kotler, P and Keller, K. L, (2009), Marketing Management, (13th Edn), P69, 89, 53, 248, 255, London, Prentice Hall,
* Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Wong, V and Saunders, P, (2008), Principles of Marketing, (5th European Edn), P532,533, Harlow, Prentice Hall
* Pride and Ferrell, (1987), Marketing, (5th Edn), P78, 208, 209, 215, 216, 480, New Jersey, Houghton Mifflin Company
* - Dulux trade Decortative Paints , retreived on 16 Nov 2009 from
* Wedel M & Kamakura W A,(1999), “Market Segmentation: Conceptual and Methodological Foundations (International Series in Quantitative Marketing)”, (2nd edn.), (USA), Springer.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document