Create a car saying (Bumper Sticker) or a Road Sign (Billboard) that would describe one main point you learned in Module 5. This is an example of a bumper sticker from a former student: ““Driving the right speed is always a good deed. Enjoy your ride and don’t collide!”
1. What would yours say? My bumper sticker would say "If you drive risk free, you won't get a fee. Don't wanna do the time? Don't do the crime!"
2. How would it look? My bumper sticker would be red, white, and blue symbolizing the law.
3. Now, write at least one paragraph (5 sentences or more) which explains why you thought this would make a great bumper sticker or billboard, and how it summarizes the information you learned in Module Five. I thought this would be a great bumper sticker because it would remind people of how to drive correctly. This bumper sticker is a great summary for module 5. Very short and sweet! This module was mainly about safety. If you cannot drive smart you cannot drive safe. Therefore, you need not to drive at all. So remember, " "If you drive risk free, you won't get a fee. Don't wanna do the time? Don't do the crime!" Module 6: Effects of Alcohol and Drugs
Some day you might find yourself in a dangerous driving situation because of drugs, alcohol, or extreme drowsiness due to medication. Talk to a parent or guardian about what they would like for you to do if you find yourself in this situation. Answer the following questions in one or more complete sentences.
1. Explain three ways you can get home safely, without getting behind the wheel, if there are drugs or alcohol in your system.
A. Initially, if I find myself in this situation I could get a friend who isn't on any medication or drugs/ alcohol to drive me home.
B. Furthermore, if I find myself in this situation I could call a taxi.
C.Lastly, if I find myself in this situation I could also call a family member to take me home.
2. Explain three ways you can get home safely if the friend you rode with has drugs or alcohol in his system and you prevent him from getting behind the wheel.
A. If I find myself in this situation I could take the keys from my friend without arguing and call a taxi for the both of us. (To ensure their safety as well as my own.)
B. If I find myself in this situation I could just take the keys from my friend and drive them home myself.
C. Lastly, if I find myself in this situation I could call a relative to come pick us both up. There may be consequences but I would rather be safe then to let my friend put not only his/her life at risk but my own.
3. What would your parent/guardian want you to do? I talked it over with my mom and she said that I should call her or any other relative to come and pick me up instead of taking a risk of either becoming injured or even losing my life.
4. Look up and list the number of a local taxi or car service in your community. Include the company name and telephone number.