Create a car saying (Bumper Sticker) or a Road Sign (Billboard) that would describe one main point you learned in Module 5. This is an example of a bumper sticker from a former student: ““Driving the right speed is always a good deed. Enjoy your ride and don’t collide!” 1. What would yours say? “Your life depends on the way you drive. So, Drive Safely! “ 2. How would it look? Mine would be pink, and all glittery.
3. Now, write at least one paragraph (5 sentences or more) which explains why you thought this would make a great bumper sticker or billboard, and how it summarizes the information you learned in Module Five. I think anyone that does a billboard like this can safe many lives. Some people will read it and others won’t. To be honest, my billboard sign can get you thinking because it’s true. The way you drive can affect your life with one little mistake. You should always be caution with your actions and the way you drive. Not only can it affect your life, but the others around you.
Module 6: Effects of Alcohol and Drugs
Some day you might find yourself in a dangerous driving situation because of drugs, alcohol, or extreme drowsiness due to medication. Talk to a parent or guardian about what they would like for you to do if you find yourself in this situation. Answer the following questions in one or more complete sentences.
1. Explain three ways you can get home safely, without getting behind the wheel, if there are drugs or alcohol in your system. A. Call a taxi
B. Call a friend
C. Get a sober person to drive you home
2. Explain three ways you can get home safely if the friend you rode with has drugs or alcohol in his system and you prevent him from getting behind the wheel. A. Drive for the friend
B. Call a taxi
C. Call an adult
3. What would your parent/guardian want you to do?
Be smart and not get behind the wheel. Matter of fact, stay away from drugs and alcohol.
4. Look up and list the number of a local taxi or car service in your community. Include the company name and telephone number. Yellow Cab Company
Address: 3775 NW 36th St, Miami, FL 33142
Phone: (305) 633-0503
Hours: Friday open 24 hours