For parents and partners of students
This form is also available from
the student finance experts
Who should complete this form?
Complete this form if you are:
• The student’s natural or adoptive parent
• The student’s step-parent
• The husband, wife, civil partner or cohabiting partner of one of the student’s parents
• The student’s husband, wife or civil partner
• The student’s cohabiting partner, if the student is over 25 and entered higher education in
2000/01 or later
What details do I need to provide?
You need to tell us some personal details and what your financial income was for the tax year 201112. You must tell us your 2011-12 income details as we cannot accept amounts from any other tax year. We need your income amounts so we can work out what the student(s) you are supporting are entitled to.
How do I complete this form?
This form is made up of 6 sections: section 1 - personal details section 2 - data sharing and you section 3 - your financial information for the tax year 2011-12 section 4 - other income section 5 - income deductions section 6 - your dependants
• Please refer to the Support notes at the back of this form each time you see this icon.
What if I have further questions?
If you have further questions you can:
• visit www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance
• call us on 0845 300 5090
Where do I send my form?
Once you have completed this form and signed and dated the declaration, please return it to Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ
Please remember to pay the correct postage.
What happens if my household income has dropped since tax year 2011-12?
If your household income has dropped by 15% since tax year 2011-12 you can apply for a ‘Current
Year Income Assessment’. This means we would use your expected income for tax year 2013-14 instead of your actual income