K u v e m p u U n i v e r s i t y
Assignments for B.Sc.(IT) & M.Sc.(IT) Courses
Subject: Graphics & Multimedia
Subject Code: BSIT – 51
Assignment: TA (Compulsory)
1. What is the meaning of interactive computer graphics? List the various applications of the computer graphics.
2. Explain in detail the Hardware required for effective graphics on the computer system.
3. Compare Raster scan system with random scan system.
4. How many colors are possible if
a. 24 bits / pixel is used
b. 8 bits / pixel is used
Justify your answer
5. List and explain different text mode built-in functions of C Programming language.
6. Write a C program to create Indian national flag.
Assignment: TB (Compulsory)
PART - A
1. What is the need for computer graphics?
2. What is graphics processor? Why it is needed?
3. What is a pixel ?
4. Why C language is popular for graphics programming?
5. Define resolution.
6. Define aspect ratio.
7. Why refreshing is required in CRT ?
8. Name the different positioning devices.
9. What are pointing devices?
10. What is multimedia?
11. What are sound cards?
12. What is sampling?
13. What is morphing ?
14. What is rendering?
15. What is warping?
16. Why we use scanner?
17. What is ganut in Photoshop ?
18. What is a layer?
19. What are editing tools? Why it is needed?
20. What is file format?
Fill in the blanks:
21. _____________constitutes an integration of multiple media such as text, graphics, audio, video and animation elements.
22. _____________files are the micro son standard file format for storing waveform audio data.
23. The amount of data that can be transmitted from one computer to another in a given time frame is called_____________
24. Computer graphics can be classified into_____________ and_____________. 25. _____________method is used to assign colors values to any new pixel, at the time of resampling.
PART - B
Answer any FIVE:
1. a) Briefly narrate the history of graphics hardware technology. b) What are the strengths of UNIX operating system? Explain. c) Give the different applications of computer graphics.
2. a) Compare the merits and demerits of raster and random scanning system. b) With neat diagram explain the working principle of shadow mark CRT. c) Explain the principle of DVST system.
3. a) What are the different graphical input interactive techniques? Explain. b) Explain the working principle of mouse.
c) With neat diagram explain the working principle of light pen. 4. a) Compare the features of text and graphics mode.
b) With the help of an illustration explain how initgraph ( ) function works. c) Develop a ‘c’ program to draw the structure of fish and give animation functions.
5. a) Develop a ‘c’ program to draw the car shape and move the car using animation functions.
b) List the different graphics functions along with example. c) Explain the use of getimage ( ) and putimage ( ) functions with example. 6. a) With illustration briefly narrate the origin and development of multimedia technology.
b) Give different application of multimedia.
c) How graphics helps in digital imaging ? Explain.
7. a) Explain how moving images are recorded in the hard disk. b) Explain how sound helps in multimedia. What are the major types of sound files?
c) Explain different types of animation techniques.
8. a) Explain the significance of file extensions and file formats. b) Give the steps to use rubber stamp tool.
c) Give the steps to use the image printing utility of Photoshop.
Assignment: TA (Compulsory)
1.What is the meaning of interactive computer graphics? List the various applications of the computer graphics. The term “interactive graphics” refers to devices and systems that facilitate the man-machine graphic communication, in a way, which is more convenient than the writing convention. For example, to draw a straight line between two points, one has to input the coordinates of the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document