Detailed Lesson Plan
Through an in depth discussion of the poem and the given activities, the students should be able to:
a. generalize the meaning of the poem through recitation;
b. willingly share their output regarding the virtues found in the poem; and
c. follow a tune being taught and execute actions properly
A. Subject Matter
Josefina Payawal-Gabriel Ph.D.a
Edda Manikan Martires Copyright (2008) English III (New Edition). Quezon City: St. Bernadette Publishing House Corporation
Power point presentation
D. Key Concepts
If everyone could forget their losses and look at the future with hope; success will come.
If everyone would live in God’s purpose, their life would have sense.
Reading between the lines.
Recognizing main ideas.
Sometimes in doing the right thing, we have to be strong; and give up the things we want even our dreams.
1. Post the manila paper with the song “What If” written on it
What if the world is flat?
Would you still say love makes the world go round?
What if it’s always dark?
Would you hide and not make a sound?
What if I didn’t meet you?
What if I didn’t care?
Would we still be friends like this with the love we share? (2x)
2. Instruct the students to listen to you while you sing it so that they will be able to learn its tune.
3. Sing it with them for three times. Then tell them to stand and follow the actions of the song.
4. Sing it with the actions that you taught them.
1. Show them the power point presentation having the poem “If.”
The poem entitled If is about living one’s life in a way that will make him a better person. It is grabbing every moment possible so that he will be able to give meaning to his own purpose