Description of the Homework Assignment
70% of student mark will consist of the home work assignment. This assignment will consist of a focused research of an international company which the students are free to choose. The students are asked to analyze the points below. So, the content of Homework essay consists of:
• The developing history of a company acting internationally (short history, beginning). • The international external environment of the company (political, economical, cultural, etc.), impact of globalization to the company. • Internationalization of the company (modes, steps, stages). • Evaluation of expansion experience.
• Organizational structure and management style, strategy, mission and vision; philosophy, implied or and stated objectives, plans. • Different types of activities, social responsibility programs, codes of conduct. • Possible criticism of the company.
• Conclusions and recommendations.
Requirements for the written task:
• The references for this work could be academic issues, e-books, the internet sites, other sources. • The length of the home work essay is about 12-15 pages. • Assessment criteria are: the deepness of the analysis, the fullness of content consistency; the application of theoretical international business knowledge, individual approach and own decision making, written literacy&visuality. Requirements for the homework presentation:
• The presentation should include the summary of the company analysis. • The homework presentation should be approx 15 slides, 3-5 minutes duration. • Presentation by each student should be given at exam day and time in the class (May 3, 10.15h).
List of literature:
1. John. D. Daniels, Lee H. Radebaugh, Daniel P. Sullivan. International Business: Environments and Operations. – Pearson, 14th edition, 2013, ISBN 978-0-273-76695-7. 2. Charles W.L. Hill. International Business:...
References: 2. Charles W.L. Hill. International Business: Competing in the Global Marketplace.- McGraw-Hill, 8th edition, 2010.
3. Czinkota, Michael R International business/Michael R. Czinkota, Ilkka A. Ronkainen, Michael H. MoffettMason [Ohio]: Thomson/South-Western, 2005, 782 p.
7. International business: the challenge of global competition/Donald A. Ball, Wendell H. McCulloch, Paul L. Frantz [et al.] Boston: McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2004, 714,  p.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document