HOW-TO SPEECH ASSIGNMENT
This demonstration speech gives students the opportunity to develop and present a "how to" speech. Students should present a 4 -5 minute speech demonstrating how to do something. Students can choose to demonstrate how to cook something or pick one of the topics covered in their kitchen classes such as the examples below: * How to sharpen a knife
* Mise en place
* How to Concasse a tomato
* Different Cuts a Knife can make
* How to make different stocks
* How to make different sauces
* How to make fresh pasta
* How to wash your hands
* How to set a table
* How to prep food: cooling and reheating
* How to fold do a napkin fold
* Fruit Carvings
This speech should be 4 – 5 minutes in length. You will show us step by step how to complete the task you are demonstrating for us. You may not have time to do the whole project in the minutes given. So you show us how to begin each step, and then, if applicable, have a pre-completed example of how that step will look when the project is complete. [Just like Martha Stewart] If you are demonstrating how to make something edible, you may bring enough of the finished product to share with the class.
When you present to the class you need to submit your TYPED outline to the professor based on the informative speech outline guide.
* Typed Delivery Outline. Outline on Portal as DEMONSTRATION Outline Template. There is a sample guideline on portal also.
* Presentation Aids: Props (Remember these are worth 10 points)
* Food Samples for Class (voluntary)
DEMONSTRATION SPEECH OUTLINE
NAME: Neysha Figueroa
B. Thesis Statement: Today I will be showing you how to make a famous Puerto Rican sandwich spread also known La Mezcla. C. Preview Statement: I will be telling you the ingredients needed,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document