AP WORLD HISTORY
Students will research and then create their own document-based question (DBQ) in AP World History. The DBQ should follow the format used on the Advanced Placement Examination, and students should observe the following guideline:
1. The question should be phrased using one of the following key terms or phrases: • -Defend or refute
• -To what extent and in what ways
• -Assess the validity
• -Contrast and compare
See Baron’s, pp. 17-23 or Princeton, pp. 35-47.
2. The DBQ must contain a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 15 primary source documents. These documents should consist of journals, letters, diaries, newspaper articles, poems, photographs, paintings, speeches, maps, laws or proclamations, quotations, and political cartoons. At least one of each of the following must be included: • -quotation
• -painting or photograph
• -letter, diary, or journal
• -Law or Proclamation
4. The DBQ should be typed and checked for spelling and grammar. 5. Each document must be identified by the author, title, and date of the work. 6. The DBQ must include a bibliography, listing the source for each document. This should follow the APA Writing Guide. 7. Essay Response: Students should turn in an essay answering the DBQ. This will be evaluated according to the 9 point AP scale! 8. Grading: This is a Quarter Project and worth 100points. See Rubric!!!
DUE DATE:_As announced_
| | |Name/s______________________ | |Do It Yourself DBQ Grading Rubric ______________________...
Bibliography: |The DBQ must include bibliography, listing |10 points possible |
| |the source for the document. This should | |
| |follow the APA style. | |
| | |Your score _______ |
|Essay |9 points possible |Your score_______ |
| | | |
|Total Points Possible |100 Points |Your Total Score |
| | |_____________ |
Please join StudyMode to read the full document