Written Concert Critique Guideline
Winter Intersession 2008
Use the following criteria to help format your critique. Depending on the program you attended, some of these items may be addressed to a greater or lesser degree! Feel free to add emphasis to what affected you personally/emotionally!
1. Was the program based on a narrative/storyline or more abstract? 2. Did you know in advance what you were going to see?
3. If so, how informed were you?
4. Did you arrive early enough to gather information from the program? 5. What was the reaction from other audience members to the program? 6. What was your first impression of the concert (after one or two dances)? 7. Did this change as you watched more of the program?
8. What was your final impression of the program?
9. Would you have recommended this program to others?
10. What physical elements were used (sets/props)?
11. What were the costume /elements? Did they work to enhance or detract from the dances? 12. How effective was the lighting to the mood(s) created in the dance(s)? 13. What style of dance (s) could you identify (i.e. ballet, modern, jazz, ethnic, etc.)? 14. How professional did you feel the event was presented? 15. What could have been done to enhance the performance? (Address as many of the above aspects as you feel appropriate.)
1. Pick up ticket and check-out slip from box office the week of the event. 2. Arrive early and obtain a program.
3. Turn in check-out slip to the usher table following the event conclusion.
CRITIQUES ARE DUE NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK AFTER THE FIRST CLASS MEETING FOLLOWING THE EVENT YOU ATTENDED! TYPEWRITTEN, DOUBLE-SPACED AND NO LESS THAN ONE PAGE, NO MORE THAN TWO PAGES.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document