Dahlia Furniture Private Limited
On August 1984, Mr. Chua Boon Kang and Mr. Leong Sim Lam bought over Peter Lim’s forty six percent (46%) stake at Dahlia Furniture Private Limited. Although co-owners at one time, Mr. Chua and Mr. Leong have found Mr. Lim’s management of the company to be unsatisfactory. Some reorganization took place as most of the production workers who were doing subcontracting orders solely for Dahlia had resigned due to poor company performance in 1982. Dahlia also sold off seventy five thousand dollars ($75,000) worth of machinery used for mass producing furniture which was previously purchased by a former Managing Director, who has since left the company. Now at the helm, both are uncertain about the long term direction of the company. Meanwhile, they are both concerned over maintaining sales growth in a highly competitive industry. Dahlia Furniture made its entrance into the furniture industry in 1972 as subcontractors to two large furniture concerns, Ching Lin and Diethelm. It supplied mainly wall units and kitchen cabinets while bedrooms sets and dining sets were subcontracted out or obtained from local suppliers. Business went well and the company decided to branch into retailing. Between 1979 and 198, Dahlia acquired two factories At Ang Mo Kio and Upper Thomson at a cost of $400,000 and $300,000, respectively. The factory At Ang Mo Kio was rented out on a monthly basis to furniture makers who were also subcontractors to Dahlia. The company also acquired two or more showrooms in the Bukid Timah and Upper Thomson area in 1978 and 1982, respectively.
The furniture business industry vision, our ethos is built upon providing tailor-made business furniture solutions that exceeds our client’s unique needs and expectations whilst remaining cost competitive. We strongly believe in superior customer service, competitive prices and deliver on our promises. Mission
The furniture industry mission is to be the industry leader in manufacturing and marketing of solid wood furniture. Core values
It will encourage creativity and ingenuity in our processes and systems, products and services. * Integrity
In the conduct of business, it will be guided by what is ethical, fair and right. It believes in profit with honor and are committed to good governance and the highest moral standards.
* Customer Focus
They will be our customers preferred choice. They will choose our products and services above others because we provide them with products and services that satisfy their needs.
Statements of the objectives
* To crush the competition and make us much profit as possible. * To provide customers with high quality, innovative, expressive and inspirational interior design, furnishing and accessories as a seamless and affordable solution to all their retail, rental, wholesale and project based needs. * To combine aggressive strategic marketing with quality products and services at competitive prices to provide the best insurance value of consumers. * Profitable growth through superior customer service, quality and commitment. * To implement the critical initiatives required to achieve our vision. * To be the best in the eyes of our customers.
How they satisfy their biggest client for them not failed to generate regular and sizeable orders, because when they failed many of the workers resigned?
Areas of consideration (SWOT analysis)
* Increasing demand in modern, clean, minimalist designs
* Highly educated, skilled, young, capable & dynamic human resources
* Established branding, tradition
* Diversity vs. Ideas (Innovation, Integration)
* Big democracy= (big market & free media)
* Inefficient stock control; outdated system
* Lack of trust in external organizations
* Fear of sharing knowledge & taking risks...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document