Table of Content
History of Dabur
Dabur at a Glance
Consumer Care Business
International Business Division
Achievements of Dabur
Dabur Business Portfolio
Achievements of Real
4 P’S OF REAL
SEGMENTATION, TARGETING AND POSITIONING ANALYSIS
Market penetration strategy:
BRIEF ANALYSIS OF “DABUR REAL” MAJOR COMPETITORS
History of Dabur
* The birth of Dabur goes back to 1884 when Dr. S.K Burman launches his mission of making health care products by opening a small pharmacy in Kolkata.
* In 1896, with growing popularity of Dabur Dr. Burman set up an operating plant for mass production.
* In early 1900’s Dabur entered the Ayurvedic medicine market.
* In 1936, Dabur became a full-fledged company
* Dabur shifted their operations to Delhi In 1972, where a new manufacturing plant was set up in temporary premises in Faridabad.
* In 1979, commercial production Sahibabad factory of Dabur one of the largest and best equipped production facilities for ayurvedic medicines. Also DRDC (Dabur Research and Development Centre) was established.
* After the reverse merger with Vidgum ltd Dabur became a public limited company in 1986.
* In 1992, Dabur entered into a joint venture with Agrolimen of Spain, to manufacture and market confectionery items in in India.
* In 1993, Dabur entered the health care area of Cancer treatment.
* The first public issue of Dabur India Ltd was issued in 1994.
* In 1995, Dabur entered into a joint venture with Osen of Israel and Bongrain of France for food and baby products.
* In 1996, Dabur created 3 separate divisions according to their product lines- Health Care product division, Family products division and Dabur Ayurvedic specialities ltd.
* In 1997, Dabur entered into the processed foods market.
* In 1998, for the first time a non-family professional CEO sits at the helm of the company.
* Dabur established itself as a market leader with a turnover of Rs.1000 crore in the year 2000.
* In 2003, Dabur India demerged its pharmaceutical business from the FMCG business into a separate company.
* In 2005, Dabur India acquired Balsara’s hygiene and home product businesses, a leading provider of oral care and household care products in the Indian market.
* In 2006, Dabur India crosses the $2 Billion mark in market capitalisation. The company also adopted US GAAP.
* At the completion of 10 years of the brand Dabur foods unveiled a new packaging and design for Real.
* In 2007, Dabur India decided to merge its wholly owned subsidiary Dabur Foods ltd with itself.
* In 2008, Dabur India acquires fem care pharma, a leading player in the women skin care market.
* In 2009, Dabur Red toothpaste became their ninth Billion rupee brand which crossed his billion rupee turnover mark within 5 years of its launch.
* In 2010, Dabur makes its first overseas acquisition buying Hobi Kozmetik Group of Turkey and Namaste laboratories LLC of the US.
* Dabur entered professional skin care market with the launch of Oxylife professional facial Kit in 2011.
* In 2011, Dabur India ltd acquired Ajanta Pharama’s over the counter energiser brand ’30-Plus’.
* In 2012, Dabur India surpassed the Billion dollar turnover mark with net sales of Rs. 52813.17 Crore.
Dabur at a Glance
The success of Dabur India ltd is based on dedication to nature, corporate and process hygiene, dynamic leadership, and commitment to partners and stake holder. Some of the details about the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document