1. What is the need for MIME?
2. What is the need for DNS in the Internet?
3. Mention uses of a computer network.
4. What is meant by : a) WAN b) PAN
5. Differentiate between half duplex and full duplex channel.
6. What is the major difference between a hub and a switch?
7. What is meant by security by obscurity?
8. Differentiate between symmetric and asymmetric ciphers.
9. Differentiate between routing process and forwarding process.
10. Differentiate between a cipher and a code.
11. What is the major drawback of Single Bit Parity check method for error detection?
12. What is the use of acknowledgement timer in data link layer protocols? 13. What is meant by Attenuation with respect to signals?
14. Differentiate between flow control and congestion control.
Q.2 (a) 1. Compute the Hamming code for the bit pattern 1100001 05
2. What is the advantage of Piggybacking and Pipelining? 02
(b) 1. Explain the TCP/IP layered architecture. 05
2. What is the advantage of using Negative acknowledgement (NAK) in data link layer protocols?
(b) 1. Differentiate between wireless and mobile systems with example 05
2. Briefly explain any two forms of E-Commerce 02
Q.3 (a) 1. Write a note on: UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) Cables 03
2. Explain the working of fiber optic networks with diagram 04
(b) 1. Differentiate between packet switching and circuit switching 05
2. Briefly explain the need and application of ISM band in wireless communications 02
Q.3 (a) 1. Write a note on: Co-axial Cables 03
2. Compare and contrast satellite systems with fiber optic systems 04
(b) 1. Briefly explain transport service primitives with respect to transport
2. Explain the blue army problem in connection release in transport layer