1. The emerging Internet business culture is a set of expectations that we all share. T 2. IT is an abbreviation commonly used to refer to Internet technology. F 3. Information technology has become the largest component of capital investment for firms in the United States and many industrialized societies. T 4. Governments on all levels are using Internet technologies to deliver information and services to citizens, employees, and businesses with which they work. T 5. Knowledge is data that have been shaped into a meaningful form. F 6. Information is the way we analyze problems. T 7. Members of the organization evaluate and correct inputs through feedback. T 8. Formal computer-based information systems are typically unstructured systems that are easily changed. F 9. An information value chain is one where nearly all significant business processes and relationships are managed through digital means. F 10. Data workers process paperwork. T 11. Knowledge workers are engineers or architects who design products or services. T
12. Web pages can be linked electronically to other Web pages, regardless of where they are located, and viewed by any type of computer. T 13. The IT infrastructure is the MIS plan for the organization. F 14. Research has shown that investment in information technology will guarantee a company senior returns. F 15. All information systems are behavioral systems. F
1. Nicholas Carr, an editor at Harvard Business Review wrote an article titled "IT Doesn't Matter," which stirred significant debate in the business community. Which of the following was NOT one of Carr's arguments? All firms can use IT to achieve a strategic edge over its competitors. 2. There are five factors to consider when assessing the growing impact of IT in business firms both today and over the next ten years. Which one of the following is NOT one of those factors? Emergence of more personal appliances 3. The ___ is bringing about a convergence of technologies, roiling markets, entire industries, and firms in the process. Internet 4. Due to networking and the Internet, relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, and logistic partners are becoming: digital relationships 5. As a supplier, you cannot do business with Wal-Mart unless you adopt their well-defined: digital technologies. 6. One characteristic difference between the new manager and the traditional manager is the new manager's: reliance on informal commitments and networks to establish goals. 7. Information-intense products require:
a great deal of knowledge and training to produce.
8. When nearly all core business processes are digitally enabled, the firm is more competitive and efficient.
9. Data shaped into meaningful form are called: information. 10. Computer literacy focuses primarily on: a knowledge of information technology. 11. The system with universally accepted standards for storing, retrieving, formatting, and displaying information in a networking environment is called: the World Wide Web.
12. The linkage of two or more computers together to share data or resources is called a(n): network. 13. The technical approach to information systems includes:
computer science, management science, and operations research. 14. The study of the use of computer-based information systems by managers is called: MIS. 15. According to the _______________ perspective on information systems, the performance of the system is optimal when the technology and the organization create a good balance. sociotechnical
1. Enterprise applications span the entire firm, integrating information from multiple functions and business processes to enhance the performance of the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document