Critical Thinking Skills
Critical thinking skills include learning the skills needed to be a leader which means thinking critically and taking action to accomplish the vision, having communication skills and interpersonal skills, having perseverance, and having self- awareness to effectively communicate at all levels of practice.
• In order to bring about change you must assume the roles, tasks, and responsibilities of leadership.
• Desirable changes are set in motion by individuals who assert themselves, articulate their beliefs, and step forward to take on the hard work of leading.
• Leadership is the ability to make things happen …show more content…
• Effective leaders must maintain open and honest communication with those they lead.
• Leaders anticipate possible conflicts; they are proactive in preventing or resolving them.
• Leaders must be skilled in the art of collaboration and building bridges and in compromise.
• Leaders must cope with ambiguity and uncertainty and have a high level of self-awareness. (Garthwait, 2014, p.214-215)
Which ethical competencies are most closely related to the characteristics of an effective leader committed to social justice? Ethical competencies most closely related to the characteristics of an effective leader committed to social justice include having cultural competence, having the knowledge and skills of an effective leader, and having professionalism in practice to name a few examples. Ethical competencies include those in our learning contract listed below.
• Identify as a professional social worker and conduct oneself accordingly.
• Apply social work ethical principles to guide professional practice.
• Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments.
• Engage diversity and difference in practice.
• Advance human rights and social and economic …show more content…
What are your thoughts about being a world changer?
A world changer could be anyone, however, I believe that a social worker is a world changer because they help change people’s lives by serving people. One individual can change the world by caring, showing kindness, helping others, advocating for others, or even volunteering to name a few examples. One individual helping someone is changing the world one person at a time because they are making a difference for someone by showing care, concern, and compassion and empathy. The person who is helped can be changed and that makes a difference and often leads to paying it forward to others.
To me a world changer does not have to be someone famous or powerful, because some of the most influential people that can and do make a difference our regular people like us. For example, someone who feeds the hungry, someone who donates their time, and anyone who helps someone in small ways or large ways can be a world changer because they help to influence others by their actions! Of course, that might not always be true, however, from my own experiences doing good deeds does have a ripple effect and often leads to others getting involved or following