In this activity, you will create a personal affirmation. If you repeat your affirmation often, it will help you make choices that will strengthen the personal qualities needed to achieve your goals and dreams.
1. Write a one-sentence statement of one of your most motivating goals or dreams in your role as a student.
As a student, I will graduate college with an accounting degree.
2. Write a list of personal qualities that would help you achieve this educational goal or dream. Use adjectives like persistent, intelligent, hard-working, loving, articulate, organized, friendly, confident, relaxed, and so on. Write as many qualities as possible. confident, persistent, creative, intelligent, optimistic, articulate, responsible, goal-oriented, mature, focused, motivated, organized, hard-working, curious, honest, enthusiastic
3. Put a star by the three qualities on your list that seem the most essential for you to achieve your goal or dream as a student. (from Step 1)
persistent, optimistic, challenging
4. Write three versions of your personal affirmation. Do this by filling in the blanks in sentence formats A, B, and C below. Fill the blanks with the three personal qualities you starred above. NOTE: Use the same three personal qualities in each of the three formats.
A. I am a persistent, motivated, challenging woman.
B. I am a persistent, motivated, challenging woman, achieving my goal. C. I am a persistent, motivated, challenging woman, and I thank my family give me opportunities to pursue dreams.
5. Write three paragraphs--one for each of the three qualities in your affirmation. In each paragraph, write about a specific experience when you displayed your desired quality. For example, if one of your desired qualities is persistence, tell a story about a time in your life when you were persistent (even a little bit!). Write the story like a scene from a book, with enough specific details that readers will feel as...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document