A Study on performance analysis of the tirunelveli District co- operative milk producers union limited
Submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Master of commerce to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu.
Register No: 1181317
Under the Guidence of
2012 – 2013
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
THE M.D.T. HINDU COLLEGE
(ACCREDITED WITH B GRADE BY NAAC)
Tirunelveli – 10.
Department of Commerce
The M.D.T. Hindu College,
Tirunelveli – 11.
This is to certify that the project entitled “A STUDY ON PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF THE TIRUNELVELI DISTRICT CO – OPERATIVE MILK PRODUCERS UNION LIMITED” is a bonafide work of P.Lakshmanan under the guidance of Thiru.Dr.P.BALASUBRAMANIAN M.Com.,M.Phil.,Dip.in Law.,Ph.D.,M.B.A., and his original submitted in the partial fulfillment of the requirements for the award of Master Degree of commerce.
Thiru.T.S.Chelliah M.Com.,M.Phil.,Head of the DepartmentThe M.D.T. Hindu CollegeTirunelveli – 10.
| Dr.P.Balasubramanian M.Com.,M.Phil.,Dip.in.law Ph.D.,M.B.A.Factory guideThe M.D.T. Hindu CollegeTirunelveli – 10.
Master of commerce
Department of commerce
The M.D.T. Hindu College,
Tirunelveli – 627 010.
I hereby declare that the dissertation for the Degree of Master of Commerce entitled “A STUDY ON PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF THE TIRUNELVELI DISTRICT CO – OPERATIVE MILK PRODUCER’S UNION LIMITED” is my original research work. It does not from part of any previous dissertations, thesis and reports Submitted to this university or any other universities.
Signature of the Candidate
I thank, God for giving me the wisdom to complete my project successfully.
My special thanks all due to my parents to and relatives for giving me the opportunity to study my post Graduation.
I express sincere and heartfelt thanks to our principal Dr.P.CHINNATHAMBI. M.A. (Eco) M.A. (GT) M.Phil., Ph.D., Our esteemed Institution for permitting me do this project me do this project work.
I am also grateful to the Head of the Department
Thiru. T.S. CHELLIAH M.Com., M.Phil., for this encouragement and valuable suggestions in the completion of my Project work.
I am also grateful Thiru.Dr.BALASUBRAMANIAN M.Com., M.Phil., Dip.in Law., Ph.D., M.B.A., continues guidance and kind support in the Successful his conations of my Project.
I express my hearful thanks to all my lecturers for their kind support for completing my project work.
| LITERATURE WITH ITS IMPORTANT
| PROFILE OF THE TIRUNELVELI DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE MILK PRODUCERS UNION LTD
| ANALAYSIS & INTERPRETATION OF DATA
| FINDING & SUGGESTION
CHAPTER - I
1.1 INTRODUCTION OF MILK
Indian economy is agriculturally predominant. About 40 percent of the contribution to national income comes from agriculture. 50 crore of population out of 100 crore are earning their livelihood from agriculture. People do not get employment in agriculture throughout the year due to its seasonal nature and hence a large section of the rural population remains poor still. Dairy industry provides good employment to the rural population. As an auxiliary occupation, it is next only to agriculture and weaving. Buffalo is the major source of milk in India whereas the cow is almost the major source of milk at the world level India accounts for almost one sixth of the cattle and half of the buffalo population of the world.
The national Dairy Development Board (NDDB) was set up under the aegis of the ministry of agriculture and irrigation, Government of India...
Bibliography: 1. TDCMPU LTD’S Special, Annual Reports 2007 – 2012.
2. Hem Rajsharma, “White Revolution: A co- operative effort”, Rural India, 51 (7) August – 1988.
3. Milk procurement and Technical input manual, national dairy development boards, Ananad.
4. P.K.Mandanma and M.V. Srinivasa Gowda, “Co-oK. Mandanma and M.V. Srinivasa Gowda, “Co-operatives and the commercialization of milk Production in India. Southern Economist, August 1994.
5. R.L. Shiyani, “An Economic Inquiry into the Impact of Dairy co-operatives on milk production.” Indian Jomnal of Agricultural Economics, Vo.51, No.3, July – September, 1996.
6. K.Sree Devi, “Impact of producer’s co- operative in Rural economy. A case of village milk producer’s co – operative societies in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh”, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics. Vol 51, No.4 October – December 1996.
7. N.M. Inamke, etal., “Milk Marketing by Dairy Co-operatives and factors affecting their profit/ Indian Journal of agricultural marketing, seminal special issued, September.
8. S.S. Chahal, “The Role of co-operatives in marketing of milk in Punjab.” Indian Journey of Agricultural Economics, Vol, 51, No. 4October – December, 1986.
9. B.S. Tomer, “Role of Infrastructure in co-operative marketing and processing of dairy industry in Haryana.” Indian Journal of agricultural marketing. Vol 10. No.2. 1996.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document