Company Background & Products
AstonsSpecialities started its first outlet in a coffeeshop along East Coast Road, opposite the current 112 Katong Mall in 2005. (Astons, 2009)It specializes in steak and has attracted the media interest and a group of loyal consumers for its tasty fare (steaks), reasonable pricing and good service.
With good response and feedback from consumers, Aston Specialties shifted a few doors away and opened its very own shop-front to provide its customers with a better dining experience in a spacious and comfortable environment.
Astons’ success can be attributed by it listening, considering and responding to itsconsumers’ needs and feedback. Within a few years, the company has established itself as a household name, synonymous with quality and affordability.
Astons introduced “Astons Prime” as an upmarket restaurant, which is located at The CentrePoint to be part of its brand extension of Astons Specialities. It offers high-end steak cuts like Wagyu Grade 9, Fish, Lamb, Pork &Chicken based meals at a reasonable price compared to other restaurants.(Astons, 2009)
On top of that the company also owns10 Astons Specialities(within shopping malls) and 11 Astons Express outlets (heartland locations) all around Singapore. Astons Express targets the heartlanders’ market where steaks are value for money.(Astons, 2009)
The following SWOT analysis is to understand our current situation and areas to reinforce. (Neil, 2010, p.41)
Strengths (Internal Factors):
• Household namein F&B associated with quality and affordability
• Nation-wide coverage of Astons outlets all over Singapore’s shopping malls and heartland areas
• Known for its “value for money” fine dining concept
Weaknesses (Internal Factors):
• Brand dilution (lose focus and concentration with too many sub brands)
• Supply chain needs to improved to meet demand during peak periods
• Lack of regional/international exposure (only