Company Name: Infosys Technologies
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to my faculty guide Mrs.P.V.L.Ramana for her kind cooperation and guidance in this live project and for her helping support and valuable suggestions at every stage of this live project. This will surely help in boosting my career in future and will certainly stand in good position in my future academic pursuits.
Last but not the least I would like to thanks INC for supporting me to complete my project successfully.
1. COMPANY PROFILE
3. CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
4. STRATEGIES FOR CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
5. THE CONFLICT MANAGEMENT PROCESS
6. ROLE CONFLICT –Impact on organizations commitment
7. APPROACH TO HANDLE EMPLOYEE CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
8. DO’S AND DONT’S
Infosys Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: INFY) was started in 1981 by seven people with US$ 250. Today, Infosys is a global leader in the "next generation" of IT and consulting with revenues of over US$ 4 billion.
Infosys defines, designs and delivers technology-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. Infosys also provides a complete range of services by leveraging there domain and business expertise and strategic alliances with leading technology providers.
Infosys' service offerings span business and technology consulting, application services, systems integration, product engineering, custom software development, maintenance, re-engineering, independent testing and validation services, IT infrastructure services and business process outsourcing .
Infosys pioneered the Global Delivery Model (GDM), which emerged as a disruptive force in the industry leading to the rise of offshore outsourcing. The GDM is based on the principle of taking work to the location where the best talent is available, where it makes the best economic sense, with the least amount of acceptable risk.
Infosys has a global footprint with over 40 offices and development centers in India, China, Australia, the Czech Republic, Poland, the UK, Canada and Japan. Infosys has over 91,000 employees.
Infosys takes pride in building strategic long-term client relationships. Over 97% of there revenues come from existing customers.
History of Infosys
• 1981: Founded.
• 1983: Moved its headquarters to Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka • 1987: Got its first foreign client, Data Basics Corporation from the United States • 1992: Opened its first overseas sales office in Boston. • 1993: Became a public limited company in India with an initial public offering of Rs. 13 crores. • 1996: First office in Europe in Milton Keynes, UK
• 1997: Office in Toronto, Canada
• 1999: Listed on Nasdaq.
• 1999: Attained a SEI-CMM Level 5 ranking and became the first Indian company to be listed on NASDAQ • 2000: Opened offices in France and Hong Kong
• 2001: Opened offices in United Arab Emirates and Argentina • 2002: Opened new offices in Netherlands, Singapore and Switzerland. • 2002: Business World named Infosys "India's Most Respected Company". • 2002: Started Progeon, its BPO (business process outsourcing) subsidiary • 2003: Acquired 100% equity of Expert Information Services Pty Limited, Australia (Expert) and changed the name to Infosys Australia Pty Limited. • 2004: Set up Infosys Consulting Inc., U.S. consulting subsidiary in California, U.S. • 2006: Became the first Indian company to ring the NASDAQ Stock Market Opening Bell • 2006: August 20, N. R. Narayana Murthy retired from his position as the executive chairman • 2006: Acquired the 23% stake Citibank had in its BPO offshoot Progeon, making it a wholly owned subsidiary of Infosys and changed the name to Infosys BPO Ltd. •...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document