Identification of the peripherals of a computer.
To prepare a report containing the block diagram of the CPU along with the configuration of each Peripheral and its functions.
AIM: To identify the peripherals of a computer.
1. The Mother Board
2. CPU (Processor)
3. SMPS (Switched mode Power Supply)
5. CPU heat Sink and fan
6. RAM (Random Access Memory)
7. HDD (Hard Disk Drive)
8. FDD (Floppy Disk Drive)
9. CD-ROM Drive
10. CD Writer
11. Different Screws Used
12. AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) Card
13. LAN (Local Area Network) card
Overview of MOTHER BOARD
Task 2(Optional): A practice on disassemble the components of a PC and assembling them to working condition.
Why should one learn about hardware?
1. Troubleshoot you and save time.
2. Knowing about system internals and components.
3. Very easy installation for modern hardware.
4. Install extra memory.
5. Removing components.
1. Beware of electrostatic discharge (ESO)
2. Build computer on a hard surface, away from concepts. 3. Wear shoes and the short sleeved cotton wear.
4. Use Phillips, head screw driver.
5. Keep the components away from moisture.
6. Avoid using pressure while installing.
Steps for Assembling:
1. Setting the cabinet ready.
2. Preparing to fit the components.
3. Fitting the mother board.
4. Fitting the RAM, processor and cooler.
5. Installing PCI cards.
6. Fitting the hard disk and floppy drive.
7. Installing the CD ROM drives.
8. Connecting the ribbon cables.
9. Powering the drives and mother board.
10. Connecting the cables for the case front panel.
11. Final check.
Getting the Cabinet ready:-
1. Check how to open the cabinet and determine where to fix the components. 2. Determine if the case has the appropriate risers installed. Preparing to fit the Components:
1. Network adapter drive.
2. Floppy disk drive.
3. Ribbon cables.
4. Hard disk.
5. CD-ROM Drive.
8. Heat sink / cooler / fan.
9. Mother board.
Fitting the Mother board.
1. Line up the patch on the motherboard ( ps/l, USB, etc ) with the appropriate holes in the block panel I/O shield of the case. 2. Check the points where you and to install
3. Install them and make the mother board sit on them and fix screws if required. Mother board parts:
1. ACR slot.
2. PCI Slot.
3. AGP Slot.
4. ATX Connectors.
5. CPU Fan.
6. Chipset North Bridge.
7. CPU socket.
9. System memory.
10. Chipset south bridge.
11. Panel connector.
12. Power supply.
13. IDE connectors.
1. PS, Mouse.
2. Key board.
4. Parallel ( Prints )
5. Serial COM1.
6. Serial COM 2.
Fitting the processor:
1. Raise the small lever at the side of the socket.
2. Notice that there is a pin missing at one corner, determine the direction to fit in the processor. 3. You should not force the CPU. When inserting it. All pins should slide smoothly into the socket. 4. Lock the lever back down.
5. Install the heat sink over it (Different type for each processor)....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document