Final Exam Review: QUESTIONS
1. The “von Neumann bottleneck” refers to a limit on throughput between _____________.
2. Bardeen, Brattain, and Shockley received the Nobel Prize for inventing the __________.
3. N-type silicon __________________.
4. The first IBM PC used the __________ microprocessor.
5. What is the decimal number 36 converted into binary?
6. What is the binary number 11111 converted into decimal?
7. What is the largest decimal number that can be represented with 7 bits?
8. What power of 2 equals 65,536?
9. A motherboard contains 2 GB of RAM. How many bytes is this?
10. What is the hexadecimal symbol equivalent to the binary number 1010?
11. Which of these is not a Boolean operation?
12. A USB port hub controls __________ USB ports.
13. Which of the following is a type of USB generic hub?
14. RS-232 is used over which type of port?
15. A null-modem cable is used between ______.
16. COM ports require which of the following resources?
17. Which port was initially used for the printer?
8. Which of the following ports is also known as a FireWire?
19. Keyboards and mice initially used the __________ port.
20. This type of monitor uses a glass tube similar to a television display.
21. This type of monitor uses liquid crystal cells.
22. Which is not a type of video port?
23. This type of printer uses heat to form symbols on special printer paper.
24. The I/O controller hub on the motherboard is also called the __________.
25. This form factor replaced the AT and baby-AT form factors.
26. Parity is used with RAM for ____________________.
27. Which of the following is a type of RAM that does not need to be refreshed?
28. Which of the following is a type of RAM that is not used frequently today?
29. This diagnostic feature is used with ATA hard drives....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document