* Watch the two trailers for Oceans Eleven. As you watch, think about what these two film versions have in common. What about them is different? * Pronoun Case Presentation * Subtitle PP Presentation: General Information on Pronoun Case
| * Ocean’s Eleven Original (with captions)
3 minute video trailer from the original movie filmed in 1960 * Ocean’s Eleven Remake (with captions)
Now fast forward to the year 2001 and watch this trailer from the remake * Lecture - Compare / Contrast Essay
* Lecture Compare/Contrast Essay - Text
Transcript of Audio
* Find out more about coherence and transitions between ideas. * Introduction to Transitions and Connecting Words. * Visit organizational chart for transitions. * Read about the nature of Comparative Writing. * Explore Comparison/Contrast as a pattern of development. * See Patterns for Comparison and Contrast. * Notes about writing comparison/contrast paragraphs.From The Norton Sampler: * Bruce Catton's "Grant and Lee: A Study in Contrasts" * Deborah Tannen's "Gender in the Classroom" From The Little, Brown Handbook: * Chapter 13, "Case of Nouns and Pronouns" * Chapter 14, "Verbs" * Chapter 15, "Agreement" * Chapter 19, "Pronoun Reference"
| * Sample Student Essay
Check out this sample student essay
* Writing a Film Critique
Read this document for ideas on how to analyze your film or show * Discussion
* Respond to the discussion about Catton's "Grant and Lee: A Study in Contrasts" * * Respond to the discussion about Tannen's "Gender in the Classroom"
| * Questions About Readings
Grant and Lee: A Study in Contrasts
* Questions About Readings
Gender in the Classroom
* Writing Assignment
* Be sure you have read the Sample Student essay and the Peer Review Guide prior to moving to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document