2) Cultural factors should be study deeply by marketers because cultures vary from country to country. American's are more likely to buy this product because they tend to have pets. On the other hand, developing economies would prefer a real dog instead of the robot. Social class also could also affect the decision of buying an Aibo because each class in determine by its income. For example people with low income would never buy an Aibo. However, they could prefer to buy a Wee Bot instead of a pet because of the high veterinarian fees.
3) Reference group expose a person to new behaviors and lifestyles, influence the person's attitudes and self-concept, and create pressures to conform that may affect the person product and brand choices.
4) I think that an individual is likely to satisfy his/her Esteem needs when purchasing an Aibo or a Wee Bot.
5) I believe that Sony choose the net to sell its products because this is the more widespread mean of information. Therefore, they do not need store, salespersons and many intermediaries to sell the product. Internet is the easiest way to promote a product.
It was a wise decision and I don't think that could influence the consumer's buying decision process.
6) With regard to diffusion of new products consumers respond at different rates, depending on the consumers' characteristics and the product's characteristics. It's a good idea to sell the product through Internet because most of the people who are willing to buy this kind of product are