Community Health for a
-Jericha Maresh G. Albon-Danielle Still C. Tinambacan-
• is defined as the art and
science of maintaining
,protecting and improving the
health of all the members of
the community through
organized and susained
To ensure that the programs on
community health are
implemented,both government and the
health services and health
2.Clean-up drives are initiated.
3.Pest control is set up.
4.Sewerage systems are monitored.
5.Sanitation and hygiene are prioritized.
6.Animals are given anti-rabies shots.
People in a community live a healthy
lifestyle that veers from any
disease.Community health is healthy living
Charactistics of a Healthy
A healthy community can be judge
according to the norms below.It is
archieved through a concerted effort of a
• A clean and safe physical environment.
• An environment that meets everyone's
• An environment that promotes social
harmony and actively involves everyone
• An understanding of local hezlth and
• A community whose members have acces
to varied experiences,means of interaction
• Accessible and appropriate health
Services and Facilities
• The promotion and celebration of historical
and cultural heritage.
• A diverse and innovative economy
• A sustainable use of available resources
Community Health Services
The health services of the community
have ,as main objectives,the reduction of
risk of ill-health,and the promotion of wellbeing in community.They consider current facilities,priorities, and needs of the people
• Medical and other health services
• Control and prevention of infectious
Adequate food supply
Water and sanitation
Health promotion and education
The maintenance of a ghealthy
Please join StudyMode to read the full document