The template reflects the steps set out in the PRINCE2 Method and is designed to prompt the Project Manager and help in the creation of the Communication Plan. The information for the Communication Plan will be found within the DP Process of the PRINCE2 Manual. There is also a Product Description for the Communication Plan at Appendix A of the PRINCE2 Manual.
Information for the Communication Plan is derived from the Project Board, Project Brief, Project Quality Plan and Project Approach.
Loading the file
This template has been produced using Microsoft Word 97. To use it, load up the file directly from the directory and starting from page 1 follow the prompts (in [...] brackets).
Deleting the [....] text
When the template is complete, the whole Communication Plan Document can be printed and approved.
Prior to printing, you should delete all [....] prompt text.
Saving the Communication Plan Document under its own name
Save the Communication Plan by selecting the “SAVE-AS” command; this will avoid overwriting the standard template. You must specify your own Project Directory.
Once your Communication Plan Document is completed check the document against the following Quality Criteria:
• Have all the listed derivation sources been checked?
• Have all stakeholders been identified and their communication requirements defined?
• Is there agreement from all interested parties about the content, frequency and method?
• Has a common standard been considered?
• Has time to carry out the identified communications been allowed for in Stage Plans?
|Project: | |
| | |