Communication Over The Internet, and The Effects It Will Have On Our Economy
Thesis: Communication over the internet is growing at a rapid rate, this rate of growth may destroy the monopoly taking place with the major telecommunication giants.
In this day and age we as a global community are growing at a super fast rate. Communication is a vital tool which aids us in breaking the distance barrier. Over the past decades there has been a monopoly in the telecommunications business, but now with the power of the internet, and super fast data transfer rates people can communicate across the globe and only pay local rates. · In essence the local phone companies almost promote this.
- When you log on to the internet chances are that you are logging on through a local internet provider. You will use your computer modem to dial up and create and data link with your net provider. Where does the net provider get his super fast net connection from? He gets the connection from the local phone company.
· How logging on the internet is almost like logging right onto the local telephone company.
-It all boils down to, the local phone company approving the use of the internet for any means.
· How phone companies are going to bring them selves down.
-I feel that because of this phone companies will be the cause to their own downfall.
· Methods of communication over the net
-There are many ways of communicating over the net: Inter relay chat (text only) -Video/Audio: there are many net applications which allow the user to simply plug in a mini video camera( which can be purchased anywhere from $150+) and speakers and a microphone and establish a net connection and be able to view to and hear. -There are also applications such as the internet phone which enables the user to talk with other people, this works almost like a conventional telephone.
· New technologies and what to expect in the near future.
There have been many new breakthroughs in...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document