Comments on Trend Analysis
As indicated earlier, the full year audited results for the period ended 31st March, 2009 were for a 15 months period. Hence, these are not comparable with the full year audited results for the year ended 31st March, 2010. However, on a memorandum basis, for comparative purposes, the audited results for year ended 31st March, 2010 along with the un-audited results for the 12 months period ended 31st March, 2009 are given below:
* Net Sales for 2009-10 at Rs.17,523.80 crores (2008-09:Rs.16,476.75 crores) grew by 6.4%.
* Profit from Operations before Interest and Exceptional items for 2009-10 at Rs.2,565.94 crores (2008-09: Rs. 2,396.06 crores) grew by 7.1%.
* Profit after Tax from ordinary activities before exceptional items for 2009-10 at Rs.2,058.71 crores (2008-09:Rs. 2,065.20 crores) declined marginally by 0.3%.
* Net Profit for 2009-10 at Rs. 2,202.03 crores (2008- 09: Rs. 2,115.50 crores) grew by 4.1%.
* Also, Interest payment for the year has reduced by 73%. This states that the loan of the company has been repaid for the year.
* Earnings per share (EPS) for 2009-10 at Rs. 6 grew by Rs. 0.50 for 2010-11. This is because the company has performed well during the year.
* Fixed assets for the year have increased by 20% as compared to last year. The reason for this may be that HUL must have purchased fixed assets during the year 2009-10.
* Investments have also shown an upward trend from Rs. 266 crores in 2008-09 to Rs. 1264.08 in 2009-10. This means that the company has invested in plant & machinery, freehold land and constructed buildings during this year.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document