DECLARATION OF OWN WORK PRODUCED.
I, the undersigned, hereby declare that this is my own and personal work, except where the work(s) or publications of other have been acknowledged by means of referencing techniques. I have read and understood the Tutorial Letter CMNALLE/301 regarding technical and presentation requirements, referencing techniques and plagiarism.
STUDENT SIGNATURE OR NAME:
Leslie Eric Nunu
28 / 01 / 2015
WITNESS SIGNATURE OR NAME:
Maxine Bianca Nunu
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT IS AN INFORMATION SOCIETY?
2. WRITE A PARAGRAPH IN WHICH YOU ARGUE OR ADVOCATE FOR OR AGAINST THE EXISTENCE ON AN INFORMATION SOCIETY.
3. FRANK WEBSTER (1995 OR LATER EDITION) SUGGESTS THAN AN INFORMATION SOCIETY IS CHARACTERIZED BY FIVE SOCIETAL CHANGES.DISCUSS THESE CHANGES AND PROVIDE ONE EXAMPLE OF EACH.
4. WRITE THREE PARAGRAPHS IN WHICH YOU DISCUSS THE ROLE OF SOCIAL NETWORKS IN FACILITATING INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION AND GLOBAL ACTIVISM.
5. WRITE A PUBLISHABLE ARTICLE IN WHICH YOU EXPLORE THE CONCEPT OF MEDIA IMPERIALISM. DISCUSS THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF MEDIA IMPERIALISM IN YOUR COUNTRY. LIMIT YOUR EXAMPLES TO ONE MEDIA INDUSTRY IN YOUR COUNTRY (FILM, NEWS, TELEVISION PROGRAMMING, BOOKS, MUSIC, INTERNET, ETC.). BECAUSE THIS IS AN ACADEMIC, IT SHOULD BE THEORETICALLY GROUNDED. CONCLUDE YOUR ARTICLE BY DEBATING WHETHER THE IDEAS AROUND MEDIA IMPERIALISM ARE STILL RELEVANT IN THE CURRENT NEW MEDIA ENVIROMENT.
6. YOU ARE AN INTERNATIONAL MARKETING RESEARCH CONSULTANT AND YOU HAVE YOU BEEN APPROACHED BY AN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CLIENT THAT SEEKS TO INVEST IN ONE AFRICA COUNTRY OF YOUR CHOICE. AS SUCH, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO REPORT TO YOUR CLIENT ABOUT CHALLENGES MARKETERS FACE IN THE PROMOTION OF PRODUCTS IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SUCH AS SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA. YOU ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO ADVICE YOUR CLIENT HOW TO ADAPT THE IMC CAMPAIGN PROGRAMME TO THE NEEDS OF THESE COUNTRIES.
The debate surrounding the existence of an information society has been argued by many theorists and school of thoughts. Many theorists dispute the existence of an information society preferring to refer to a knowledge based society. In this assignment, a concerted effort will be made in providing a definition of an information society as well as a detailed argument as to whether an information society does actually exist or not. In this assignment, a detail discussion will follow in regards to discussing the societal changes which are associated with an information society. Social media networks are a global phenomenon which has rapidly gained popularity not only in the personal context but also in the business context as well, as more and more business are turning to social networks to improve the image of their businesses and also reach out to their clients and potential clients. This assignment will dwell in explaining the role social networks play in the facilitation of international communication and global activism. Media imperialism is the domination of a certain country’s culture over another country. This assignment will also dedicate itself in exploring the positive and negative effects of media imperialism. Lastly this assignment will also make an attempt in exploring the challenges an international marketer might face in promoting their products and services in South Africa.
1. WHAT IS AN INFORMATION SOCIETY?
An information society can be described as a society in which the creation, distribution, use, integration, manipulation and deducing of information is a significant economic, political, social and cultural activity. The main aims of an information society is, therefore, to carve out a competitive edge...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document