Coke Profile

Topics: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, The Coca-Cola Company Pages: 7 (1850 words) Published: February 4, 2010
The Coca-Cola Business in


The Coca-Cola Business System

While The Coca-Cola Company is a global company with some of the world’s most widely recognised brands, the Coca-Cola business in Malaysia, as in each country where we operate, is a local business. Our beverages are produced locally, employing Malaysian citizens, our product range and marketing reflect Malaysian tastes and lifestyles, and we are deeply involved in the life of the local communities in which we operate.

Coca-Cola was first bottled in Malaysia in 1936, by Fraser & Neave Ltd.

Today, Coca-Cola beverages are produced and sold in the country by the Company’s authorised local bottling partner, F&N Coca-Cola (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (F&NCC), based in Shah Alam, Selangor. F&NCC owns and operates three bottling plants, one in Peninsular Malaysia, in Shah Alam, and two in East Malaysia, in Kuching and Kota Kinabalu. The new, state-of-the-art bottling facility in Shah Alam, just outside the capital, Kuala Lumpur, became fully operational in 1998.

F&NCC is held 90 per cent by Fraser & Neave Holdings Bhd. The remaining 10 per cent of F&NCC is held by The Coca-Cola Company.

The Coca-Cola Company owns the trademarks and provides the concentrate for its products to the local bottling partner, and a local service office, Coca-Cola Far East Limited (CCFEL), focuses on marketing the Company’s brands locally.

Products, Quality and Marketing

The products of The Coca-Cola Company include a wide range of non-alcoholic beverages. In Malaysia, the Company’s range of trademarked beverage brands includes: Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola light, Sprite, Schweppes, A&W Rootbeer and Aquarius natural mineral water.

In addition, F&NCC produces and sells its own range of beverages, under the F&N brand name, in the flavours Orange, Sarsi, Zappel, Fruitade, Strawberry, Grape, as well as Isotonic drinks, under the 100Plus brand name, and the Seasons range of Asian drinks.

The Company’s products are made available to consumers in a range of convenient and affordable packages, including: returnable 10 oz. glass bottles, 500 ml and 1.5-litre plastic bottles, and 325 ml cans.

We consider the consistent high quality of our beverages to be one of our business’ primary assets. In each country where we produce our beverages, the Coca-Cola system adheres not only to national laws on food processing and labelling, but also to our own strict standards for exceptional quality.

In everything we do, from the selection of ingredients to the production of our beverages and their delivery to the marketplace, we use our specialised quality management system, The Coca-Cola Quality System, to ensure that we are offering consumers only the highest quality products. We monitor our success through our customer and consumer feedback and our in-trade monitoring programmes, and this information enables us to continuously improve our already demanding systems.

While broad direction and themes for our international brands are created at a global level, specific marketing programmes for our products are determined locally.

In 2002, Coca-Cola launched a new, innovative marketing campaign in Malaysia called “Coca-Cola Cuba Try Alaminya” (try new experiences with Coca-Cola). This broad campaign platform and programme creates opportunities for Malaysians to try new and exhilarating experiences through participation in a number of individual Coca-Cola activities. The programme has received an overwhelming response from Malaysian consumers, who have vied to participate in the following activities:

• Coca-Cola Cuba Try to be a Video Jockey (VJ) for a Day on Channel V, in which a Malaysian consumer who sent in the first complete entry in the Coca-Cola Cuba Try promotion won the opportunity to be a guest VJ on this popular music station.

• Coca-Cola Cuba Try to win a scholarship, in which two young Malaysians who submitted the best entry for the Malaysian National Day essay...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Company Profile Essay
  • Pet Coke Research Paper
  • Ethics in Coke India Essay
  • Quality Analysis of Petroleum Cokes and Coals for Export Specifications Required in Use of Specialty Products and Utillty Fuels Essay
  • Coke Essay
  • Essay on Coke Zero
  • Coke Zero Essay
  • Essay on Coke Under Fire

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free