Balance sheet /
Pages: 12 (2781 words) /
Published: May 2nd, 2013
The purpose of this project was to enable the new student of accounting to familiarize and improve his understanding of the contents of a publicly held company’s (the Coca Cola company) annual report, SEC Form 10-K filing with the Securities and Exchange commission (SEC) as well as the proxy statement.
We were instructed to access the Coca Cola company’s website investor section and to review the SEC filings located there, namely the 10-K and DEF 14A forms. Upon review of those documents, we were asked to answer several questions pertaining to the company and its SEC Form 10-K file with the SEC.
I. Background information 1) Name of the company (SEC Form 10-K Page 1 Item 1. Business) a) The Coca Cola Company
2) Fiscal year covered by the annual report (Second Cover Page of Form 10-K) b) Fiscal year that ended December 31, 2010
3) Stock exchange where shares are traded and stock ticker symbol c) New York Stock Exchange: KO. (SEC Form 10-K 1st and 2nd Cover pages and Page 31)
4) State of incorporation (SEC Form 10-K Cover Page 2) d) Delaware
5) Describe the company’s business (es), e.g., types of products manufactured. (SEC Form 10-K Page 1, Item 1 Business and Page 3) e) Manufacturer of nonalcoholic beverage brands which include beverage concentrates, finished sparkling and still beverages
6) What are the Company’s major corporate values? ( SEC Form 10-K Page 36) f) People – Making Coca Cola a great place to work g) Portfolio – Offering a large portfolio of products that are meet and satisfy desire/demand h) Partners – Nurture a winning network of partners i) Planet – Being a responsible global citizen j) Profit – Maximizing returns to shareholders k) Productivity – Effective management of people, time and money.
II. Audit report 1) Who are the